Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 1/ Jour 1 Quinoa

I started day 1 perfectly I made myself a smoothie with avocado, pineapple, cucumber, lettuce and 1 egg. It was not really good... Next time I will try without lettuce! For Lunch I had my dad’s left over of chicken curry with sweet potato and rice. 1st challenge: Not being home so for diner I was at my brother’s place and we cooked some trout and some delicious quinoa!   So proud of me!
Quinoa Recipe: Quinoa, Onion, Garlic, Raisin, Pine nuts, Cinnamon, Cumin, Curry, Salt and pepper
Put some oil in a pot, when it’s hot put the garlic and onion wait till its cook and add the quinoa. Stir all together; add the spices and the raisin. Put the water (1.5 X or 2 X the quinoa ex: 1 cup of quinoa for 1.5 cup of water) when it boil, turn the heat down to simmer, cover and wait 10 min. Add the pine nuts and ENJOY!  
                                                                                                                          



Jour 1
J’ai commencé la 1ere journée en force! Je me suis fait un smoothie avec avocat, ananas, concombre, laitue et 1 œuf. Ce n’était pas tres bon … la prochaine fois je vais essayer sans laitue! Pour diner j’ai mangé des restants de poulet au curry a mon papa avec du riz. 1er défis : Ne pas être a la maison donc pour souper j’étais chez mon frère et j’ai mangé de la truite avec du quinoa et c’était excellent! Je suis fier de moi!
Recette de quinoa :Quinoa, Oignions, Ail, Raisins sec, Noix de pins, Cannelle, Cumin,Curry, Sel et poivre. Mettre un peu d’huile dans un chaudron, lorsque c’est chaud ajouter les oignions et l’ail. Attendre qu’il soit tendre et ajouté le quinoa. Brasser le tout et ajouter les épices et les raisins.  Ajouter l’eau (1.5X ou 2X la quantité de quinoa ex : 1t de quinoa pour 1.5t d’eau) Lorsque l'eau bouille, baisser le feu a doux et couvrir 10 min. Ajouter les noix de pins et Bonne appétit!   

No comments:

Post a Comment